That’s right it has been over a year, but thanks to the nagging of Sam (Antediluvia) we finally got around to record another show. Actually we recorded a few weeks in a row, but most of it was complete rubbish and not really podcast worthy – but this past week we finally put the wheels in motion and here you have Episode 14 – the Revenge of the Friendcast.
Props again to Sam, he took over edit duties this week, so if Rob was able to slip an F bomb in there that didn’t get bumped out - you know who to blame.
Hey everyone, I just figured I would post a quick message about how things are going here at the friendspot. First of all if you registered to for the forums but your account was not activated, it is now (sorry about that!) Long story short we were getting destroyed with spam – and the only activity on the forum were spam accounts, so I was regulating them but got a bit behind in actually allowing real accounts in. Speaking about the forums things have been a bit slow there, stop over and post it up a bit! It is no secret that one of the main reasons this site used to be a bit more active is the features that have unfortunately gone away – but the original intent of the site still remains – a place for friends to hang out and make new friends. In fact the podcast exists entirely because it was always an idea I had, and also something new we could bring to the site.
Speaking of the podcast – Ymiris, Antediluvia and I were just discussing it – we all still think its fun to do and plan on doing another show soon – hopefully you guys think it’s worth giving it a listen. I personally have been pretty impressed with the number of listeners – especially when you look at the number of hits the actual site gets, so clearly we are getting some traffic from just itunes directly that aren’t joining the site – at least not yet!
In other site news – I am still looking for people who want to post news stories and/or reviews on the site – I just can’t keep the site up to date with news and reviewing games. I used to keep up better but lately with the coding I have been doing at 360voice and gamerdna, hanging out with the family, a bit of my own blogging, and if there is any time left actually PLAYING games…. I just cannot do it alone. If we weren’t doing the podcast I might have a bit more time to try and keep the news flowing – but why give away one feature to have another, hopefully we can have both. Maybe if we can keep the news and game opinions flowing we can keep the lifeblood flowing. There were quite a few of you in the past that wanted to do one or many of these things but we haven’t really gotten anything flowing yet – so the invitation still stands for those of you that really want to forge a place in the interwebs as a writer or “staff” member of a site, or those that just really want to help out and keep the site alive.
Recorded before halloween – wow took me way to long to finally ‘edit’ and post it
- what are we playing
- ymiris’ daughter’s teachers need A LOT of time with him
- Ymiris spoils Bioshock at around minute 3, you have been warned!
- Halloween Contests
- Recent releases – played or not? thoughts?
- NXE thoughts (before anyone of the crew actually had it)
- Random Rick Rollin’
- Ymiris changed his mind about GH world tour and not getting it (but then like the next day he did)
- GTA Content, Mass Effect Content, Halo 3 Gamerscore over the 1250 limit
- Game Review scores discussion
- Gears of War the broadway musical
- AC/DC Excel Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_YkXHCkgA
- GTA IV Cotent Delay: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/190228/exclusive-xbox-360-grand-theft-auto-iv-dlc-delayed-until-q1-2009/
Gears of War 2 is coming…as in only days away. I think it is safe to say most of us are going to pick it up – and possibly even for a might night launch. I personally will be heading out tomorrow night to get my midnight copy and play the night away with the rest of the Friendspot crew and whoever else is interested in giving the game a spin at the wee hours of night.
It seems Gamerdna is running a nice contest for some swag, the requirements? Simply a gamerdna account, and obtaining at least 195 gamerscore in Gears of War 2. Simple enough isn’t it? I mean who isn’t going to be playing multiplayer or the campaign pretty much nonstop until November 17th anyway? You would almost have to purposely avoid achievements to not get enough points to enter – so head over, and get a gamerdna account if you don’t have one, gain those achievements you achievement monkeys love so much – and get a chance to win some sweet loot.
The Prize? Well its an 8 foot by 8 foot banner signed by the Dev team…..saweeet.
I think thats a win, win…or maybe its a win, win, win – either way its full of win in my book.
Here were are another episode – and longest one to date. A bit of rambling and alot of fun as usual. Let us know what you think
Brief show notes:
- What have we been playing
- Squid’s Xbox Hates Braid…still
- New Xbox Experience memory deal discussion
- Whats coming up – whats recently out – what do we think about the TON of recent and upcoming new releases
- Gears of War 2 midnight release all nighter – who is in!?
- Thinking back to Fable
- Discussion AC/DC
- Ant is a Ninja on a mission to takeover EA…or get a job there – you decide
- Ant comes up with some great questions…Where is our GTA IV exclusive content?
- little big planet is the invasion of PEANUT MEN.
- Exclusive talk about Exclusives
- Lots and lots of tangents…that is how we roll
yes we have finally gotten around to recording, same story different day- just some friends talking about games, gaming and news related to gaming
- No we are not dead
- what are we playing
- warhammer online has infected 2/3’s of us
- Squid is loving Pure
- Ymiris Rocks out again with Rock Band 2
- Gears of War Zune – mmmm tasty (http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2008/10/01/gears-of-war-zune-photos.aspx)
- Random thoughts about the recent arcades
- Halo 3 achievement expansion chat /rant
- special editions – are they worth it, were they ever worth it?
I was a bit late on the edit with the vacation, but here you go episode ten, thats right ONE ZERO, DOUBLE DIGITS FTW
- special intro from Star
- what are we playing
- squid falls asleep on ant during Arkadian Warriors Co-Op
- Castle Crashers Thoughts
- Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Thoughts
- Recent Live Activity Discussion
- Ymiris chats about his most recent Xbox Repair, and Star explains what Ymiris wastes his money on while his ‘baby’ was gone
- Ymiris can read – Yeah it shocked me too.
- Squid enters Achievement Addiction Rehab.
- We missed PAX – but Squid gets to go to Kielbasa Fest.
- Squid’s computer blows up the end and the boys get wild.
- Zero Punctuation:
- Recent Live Activity:
The friendcast makes another appearance – enjoy guys!
- Third time is the charm!
- We miss Ymiris
- What have we been playing
- a bit of Braid discussion
- brief thoughts on the fable 2 pub games
- squid battles the temptress otherwise known as PS3
- anxious to play force unleashed (demo – as well as full game)
- where do people come up with self fixes for xbox 360?
- RPG Stryker joins the team with game reviews
- Formerly known as SouthernSpartan – XXXXX makes a triumphant return!
- actually squid says actually…..way to much at the end.
- XBLARatings.com – check out Jigsaw HC’s Site
- RPG Stryker – Get to know a new game reviewer
- Michael Ryder – welcome back you silly cat
A friend of mine for a while now Jigsaw HC has decided to go all out and create his own site – a site dedicated to reviewing Xbox Live Arcade games with the ability for you to also give your personal rating, so unlike the mainstream review sites, you can see what every day gamers think about the games – similar to how I like to do reviews. I have read Jigsaw’s reviews for a while now on his own blog, and actually thats where our connection began with reading each others reviews, and commenting on each others blog – so head on over and show some love.
Oh did I mention, he is also giving away 1600 Microsoft points?
If you like Overlord half as much as I do you should be pleased to know that 3 new Overlord titles are in the works and planned for 2009 release. First of the assault is Overlord II, the sequel to the original adventure. Which will be out for Xbox 360, Games For Windows, and Playstation 3. The other two Overlord titles are for the world of Nintendo, one coming out for the Wii, and one for the DS. Read on for the official press release