Archive for June, 2008
What: Ticket to Ride
How Much: 800MP ($10)
This came out of nowhere, I used to play Ticket to Ride with some family friends all the time on the original board game – so it is pretty awesome to see a board game of my past make its way onto the xbox live arcade. The downfall to board games is the annoyance of setting up the game, and trying to get friends in you hours to play – both of which are fixed when you put it on the live marketplace. Give the demo a try if you enjoy some of the other social games on the marketplace (like Catan, or Carcassonne) give it a chance. I definately am going to give the demo a spin before I leave on vacation this weekend.
For all you achievement hunters out there – want a peak? My buddy DaKing has your back , check out the list of 15 achievements for 250 pointsNo comments
As everyone (or at least most of you) knows, I went up to Boston the weekend of the 14th, and we were delaying the show for this week. Unfortunately we had a few technical difficulties when we started to record, and they continued without us knowing. What difficulties you might ask? Well at first our mics had a bit too much static in the background and we got it cleared up a bit and were going to just go with it. Then Ant was running a little late (which is no big deal because I am late almost every week) and when he joined even though the software said it was still recording the call that was not the case. Of course we didn’t that out until after an hour of recording, and after we were all ready for bed.
So as of right now we don’t have a show for this week, if we can get together and push a quick one out later this week we will, otherwise the next show should be released July 14th. Another reason I wanted to get the show out this week is I am taking the family on vacation this friday and we won’t be back until after July 7th, which gives the show another 2 weeks off.
Keep an eye out for a quick show this week (if we can make it happen) otherwise expect one July 14th.
We just hit a rash of schedule conflicts and technical difficulties to boot, we haven’t forgot about you – and hopefully you wont forget about us!
This one totally slipped by me, I knew it was coming but with my recent travel I completely forgot it was this soon. I really loved the TV show, and all the press thus far made the game look pretty interesting so I am definitely looking forward to giving the game a spin soon! So what will you do, create your own crab boat, or just use one based on the boats on the show? I am uploading some recent screen shots as well, but while you wait for them,
click through to read the full official press release to get more details on the game!1 comment
As we stated on last week’s show – as long as you listened you should know we were either going to delay the show or just take the week off. Since our normal recording day is only a few days from now (thursday usually) we are just going to keep it scheduled for that day and release episode 6 next monday
…So NO show for today, but you can go back to hearing our antics and thoughs about gaming next week. On a side note hopefully I dont jynx it by saying this but… ITUNES IS WORKING WITH THE SHOW AGAIN!
If you are bored and need to get a little input on what we were up to (at least what i was up to) you can head over and read about my run in with the Gay Pride Parade, Burning Subway trains, rock band so loud i really think we should have been arrested, awesome grilling, and random adventures in Boston this weekend over on my blog1 comment
I hope you have had time to give the Aces of the Galaxy live arcade game demo a trial – or if you have the full version, send me a game invite so we can work on those co-op achievements! If you for some reason haven’t gotten to try the demo, go queue it up for download and then don’t forget to enter our T-Shirt contest compliments of Sierra Games. Some of my favorite live arcade games are those which I wouldn’t have originally expected to be something I enjoyed before playing the demo.
A few of you have asked (and I wondered myself) what the t-shirts look like, keep reading to see the fine piece of clothing you can use to cover your gamer gut – ok so maybe you aren’t all like me and my rock star gamer gut, but you can still wear itNo comments
I got a new hard drive, new RAM, and rebuilt my laptop from scratch with all the programs, updates….etc. HOPEFULLY everything was configured correctly *fingers crossed*
- Ymiris took a week off (due to surgery to fix the mishap his wood created)
- Star / Ophilye / Tiffany / Ymiris’ wife – stops in to take his place
- Squid plays Kung Fu Panda to get his Martial Arts fix
- Recent Release Thoughts Retail & Arcade
- Ymiris gets busted for using his wife as a gamerscore slave
- Rock band Versus Guitar Hero 3 DLC pricing / thoughts
- Star movie tips
- NEXT week’s show will either be delayed or a week off (more details when we officially decide)
- Don’t forget to sign up for a free t-shirt, compliments of Aces of the Galaxy and Sierra Online
- Star suggestion Two Hot Girls in the Shower
- Star suggestion Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show
- Sierra Games Contest, two choices for entry:
- leave a reply (forum account required)
- leave a comment (no account required)
* only one entry per person duplicate entries will be ignored.
Last Week Winners
last week we had 2 xbox live arcades to give away to you loyal listeners (i forgot to mention you on the podcast but the winners are…
- geoholyhart : Boogie Bunnies
- Tallboy2005: Commanders: Attack of the Genos
keep an eye on your xbox live messages for the game codes. If you all ready have the game feel free to pass it onto a friend, or do your own contest, or whatever!
You might have read over at Major Nelson that Call of Duty 4 has decided to take the throne back as the most played Xbox 360 title. I was reading fourtwozero’s blog today and noticed this weekend is going to be a double XP weekend for all you people gunning the nights away in COD4. I hope to at least get some play time in – being able to advance my experience two times as much as I normally would, is too good to pass up!
As you guys were discussing on the forums – the demo hit over 1 million downloads but did it live up to your expectations? Well here is the moment of truth the game ships out tomorrow for all of those of you anxiously waiting. I personally have a bit of a chip on my shoulder when it comes to movie based games, and game based movies – most of them are rubbish – but this one has sparked my interest.No comments
Hitting you with another episode of the friendcast.
- ymiris gives us more info then needed about the birds and bees of pinatas
- a chat about Age of Conan and will it / should it be cross platform
- squid is a fool, and couldn’t figure out the rock band mic
- guitar hero ripping off rock band
- marketplace ramblings
- army of two discussion – impressions of the game (pre-free add on)
- Gears of War 2 – we should be able to use useless players as meat sheilds, not just enemies!
- Ant rant – Ninja Gaiden 2 Demo (rumor is it really is coming, and those lucky japanese all ready have it!)
- Ant goes silver (that’s right he went no halo, completely cold turkey)
- No out takes this week – I was kind of lazy on the edits this week
We have 2 xbox live arcade games to give away (thank you Sierra Games) simply leave a comment before June 10th on this entry to be entered in the random drawing. It was originally supposed to be a contest based on the game playing in the background by Ymiris’ wife, but I didn’t think you could hear it well – good luck!