Archive for the 'Gaming News' Category
If you like Overlord half as much as I do you should be pleased to know that 3 new Overlord titles are in the works and planned for 2009 release. First of the assault is Overlord II, the sequel to the original adventure. Which will be out for Xbox 360, Games For Windows, and Playstation 3. The other two Overlord titles are for the world of Nintendo, one coming out for the Wii, and one for the DS. Read on for the official press releaseNo comments
Well I am back from vacation but going in a billion different directions – but with the Microsoft press release I wanted to get a little bit of news posted on what came out, and perhaps what i think about them.
- Fallout 3: This game comes highly anticipated, and the footage was pretty awesome
- Resident Evil 5: I used to really be into the resident evil series years ago back on the original playstation, but not as much in the more recent releases of the series - but with co-op its definately worth checking out
- Fable 2: its been on the top of my list for a while now – looks amazing, and i have said it a million times but i love co-op
- Gears of War 2: looking great – some interesting hints about riding some crazy beasts in the game, and cliffy mentioned a 5 player co-op game that sounds like complete madness
- NBC Studios: i am not much into the tv and movies realm of xbox, but nice addition
- New Dash – Avatars: I think the new dash looks pretty sweet, and the avatars might be cool – but what happens to the gamerpics, and themes especially for those that bought them?
- Group chat: never thought they would release this – was a total shocker, but one of the most requested things i hear from people for xbox live.
- Geo wars 2: just as good as the original, but now with co-op, i must not be the only one that likes co-op and game companies are listening!
- Galaga: looks pretty trippy, and then made by the same guys that did the championship edition pac man, so that makes sense, definately want to try the demo if nothing else
- Portal XBLA: who doesnt love you some portal?
- South park game: i really didnt think these guys were that popular any more – but should be an interesting title to see what kind of crazy bar they try to pass, like the show did when it first came out.
- GTA IV: here comes our bonus content we were promised for the xbox version!
- Netflix: i dont have netflix anymore but this is an amazing bonus for having netflix – i might switch just for this
- Viva Pinata 2: I loved viva pinata before, and this is coming with tons more creatures and real co-op, so its definately on the must have list!
- GH World tour: i still am a bit off on the GUITAR hero having other instruments but gotta give it to them they are coming out with a nice chunk of songs and some interesting gear
- Rock Band 2: all your old songs work and something like 100 songs coming? thats a serious arsenal of songs.
- Infinite Discover, Star Ocean, The Last Remnant: lots of RPG goodness coming your way
- Final Fantasy XIII: PS3 Fanboys are crying everywhere
there is of course many other things mentioned, which I didnt really get a good look at or didnt have a real opinion to post, so i left them out – I am sure you guys all ready are swimming in E3 info anyway, just figured i would post my 2 cents, and get some fresh content on the neglected 3fs blog
PS friendcast #6 recorded, i just have to edit and put it online – so, look for it soon!No comments
You might have read over at Major Nelson that Call of Duty 4 has decided to take the throne back as the most played Xbox 360 title. I was reading fourtwozero’s blog today and noticed this weekend is going to be a double XP weekend for all you people gunning the nights away in COD4. I hope to at least get some play time in – being able to advance my experience two times as much as I normally would, is too good to pass up!
As you guys were discussing on the forums – the demo hit over 1 million downloads but did it live up to your expectations? Well here is the moment of truth the game ships out tomorrow for all of those of you anxiously waiting. I personally have a bit of a chip on my shoulder when it comes to movie based games, and game based movies – most of them are rubbish – but this one has sparked my interest.No comments
This week’s xbox live arcade release is coming at you double time. For you puzzle fans there is a Sudoku game coming, and for those of you looking for retro arcade (with a little bit of a twist) you can get your hands on Warlords for 400 points ($5)
official press reelase & screen shots after the break!No comments
Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game, directed by Devil May Cry creator Hideki Kamiya. Bayonetta pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat that takes place in stages that are a veritable theme park of exciting attractions.
A witch with powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless angelic enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100% pure, unadulterated all-out action. Outlandish finishing moves are performed with balletic grace as Bayonetta flows from one fight to another. With magnificent over-the-top action taking place in stages that are a veritable theme park of exciting attractions, Bayonetta pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat.No comments
ASSAULT HEROES 2 STORMS XBOX LIVE ARCADE
Highly Anticipated Sequel to Award-Winning Arcade Shooter Now Available
Los Angeles – May 14, 2008 – Wa wa wa wa wa – the kamikazes are attacking again! Sierra Online, a division of Vivendi Games, has released Assault Heroes™ 2 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Assault Heroes game comes re-loaded with even more high-intensity battles, vicious enemies and brand new environments, including outer space. In the first sequel to a title that originated on Xbox LIVE Arcade, players can also hi-jack enemy vehicles, fight through more levels, spend more time on-foot and join up with friends with enhanced co-operative gameplay modes.
“Assault Heroes 2 has a lot to live up to and gamers won’t be disappointed because this sequel takes the arcade shooter to a whole new level,” said Nicole Perez, vice president of marketing, Sierra Online. “Wanako has created a game that goes above and beyond the high standards set by the hugely successful, original title.”
Sinister forces are again threatening mankind and the Assault Heroes are called back in action to save the day in the Assault Heroes 2 game. New and upgraded weapons add greater firepower as players take out waves of fierce enemies and unimaginable mechanical bosses for many hours of destruction. Extended on-foot skirmishes with a more powerful arsenal of weapons allow for up close battles in expansive underground areas. New vehicles including a rapid-fire spacecraft and hi-jackable enemy units increase mobility and protection in treacherous situations.
Developed by Wanako Studios, the Assault Heroes 2 game rated T and is available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system for 800 Microsoft Points. For more information, please visit www.assaultheroes2.com .No comments
Wits & Wagers is the trivia party game where you don’t need to know the right answers to win! Awarded Official Xbox Magazine’s coveted Editor’s Choice award, Wits & Wagers brings an inventive and accessible party experience to Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (1:00 a.m. PDT).
Just like the award-winning board game, players don’t have to be trivia experts to excel at Wits & Wagers, which balances social and betting skills with trivia knowledge. Choose your wacky dancing character and then dive into the game. You can win by making educated guesses, playing the odds or just knowing the interests of other players, whether they are local or online.
Break out the Big Button pad controllers and invite friends over for an entertaining couch vs. couch multiplayer experience on Xbox LIVE, supporting 1-4 players offline and 2-6 players in online multiplayer mode. With 700 trivia questions, great character costumes and dance moves, catchy music, achievements, leaderboards, support for the Xbox LIVE Vision Camera, the Xbox Big Button Pad and more, Wits & Wagers is the fun party game you can play with your family and friends starting this Wednesday!
Developed by Hidden Path Entertainment, Wits & Wagers will be available in the U.S., U.K and Canada for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more details on Wits & Wagers please visit: