A friend of mine for a while now Jigsaw HC has decided to go all out and create his own site – a site dedicated to reviewing Xbox Live Arcade games with the ability for you to also give your personal rating, so unlike the mainstream review sites, you can see what every day gamers think about the games – similar to how I like to do reviews. I have read Jigsaw’s reviews for a while now on his own blog, and actually thats where our connection began with reading each others reviews, and commenting on each others blog – so head on over and show some love.
Oh did I mention, he is also giving away 1600 Microsoft points?No comments
If you like Overlord half as much as I do you should be pleased to know that 3 new Overlord titles are in the works and planned for 2009 release. First of the assault is Overlord II, the sequel to the original adventure. Which will be out for Xbox 360, Games For Windows, and Playstation 3. The other two Overlord titles are for the world of Nintendo, one coming out for the Wii, and one for the DS. Read on for the official press releaseNo comments
We are still alive and still rocking – episode #8 is recorded and edited, unfortunately i was a bit trigger happy with upgrading wordpress and the podcasting plug-in no longer works with the most up to date version – the show will be here soon, even if i have to just give you a direct download link (but the plugin fix is on its way soon they say). anyway here are the show notes so you can at least guess at what we talked about!
- what have we been playing / thoughts – orange box, too human demo, the incredible hulk, geometry wars 2,
- castle crashers / current xbox live arcade pricing discussion
- Ymiris talks football
- Antediluvia vanishes
- Ymiris’ wife is a Wii repairwoman – but they still are going to send it to nintendo
- Ymiris talks about Demigod & deadspace
- we just cant stop talking about Alone in the dark, one of us should actually play it…
- got some positive feedback from a listener who is from ireland or canada….who knows! (gamertag left of just in case he doesn’t want to be stalked)
edit: I hacked the plugin, but the podcast works again!
- Welcome Back Ant – he was on a vaction that wasnt really a vacation
- Ymiris is looking for charitable Germans
- E3 thoughts now that all the info is on the table
- crazy mic sounds – and i cut a bunch because of it (curse you mic noise!)
squidpunch and ymiris get together to prove we aren’t dead. Just talking about the gaming we have been doing and what we have been up to lately. No E3 discussions really though (this was recorded before that) – next week we will probably voice some opinions on that – and Ant should be back in action.
Well I am back from vacation but going in a billion different directions – but with the Microsoft press release I wanted to get a little bit of news posted on what came out, and perhaps what i think about them.
- Fallout 3: This game comes highly anticipated, and the footage was pretty awesome
- Resident Evil 5: I used to really be into the resident evil series years ago back on the original playstation, but not as much in the more recent releases of the series - but with co-op its definately worth checking out
- Fable 2: its been on the top of my list for a while now – looks amazing, and i have said it a million times but i love co-op
- Gears of War 2: looking great – some interesting hints about riding some crazy beasts in the game, and cliffy mentioned a 5 player co-op game that sounds like complete madness
- NBC Studios: i am not much into the tv and movies realm of xbox, but nice addition
- New Dash – Avatars: I think the new dash looks pretty sweet, and the avatars might be cool – but what happens to the gamerpics, and themes especially for those that bought them?
- Group chat: never thought they would release this – was a total shocker, but one of the most requested things i hear from people for xbox live.
- Geo wars 2: just as good as the original, but now with co-op, i must not be the only one that likes co-op and game companies are listening!
- Galaga: looks pretty trippy, and then made by the same guys that did the championship edition pac man, so that makes sense, definately want to try the demo if nothing else
- Portal XBLA: who doesnt love you some portal?
- South park game: i really didnt think these guys were that popular any more – but should be an interesting title to see what kind of crazy bar they try to pass, like the show did when it first came out.
- GTA IV: here comes our bonus content we were promised for the xbox version!
- Netflix: i dont have netflix anymore but this is an amazing bonus for having netflix – i might switch just for this
- Viva Pinata 2: I loved viva pinata before, and this is coming with tons more creatures and real co-op, so its definately on the must have list!
- GH World tour: i still am a bit off on the GUITAR hero having other instruments but gotta give it to them they are coming out with a nice chunk of songs and some interesting gear
- Rock Band 2: all your old songs work and something like 100 songs coming? thats a serious arsenal of songs.
- Infinite Discover, Star Ocean, The Last Remnant: lots of RPG goodness coming your way
- Final Fantasy XIII: PS3 Fanboys are crying everywhere
there is of course many other things mentioned, which I didnt really get a good look at or didnt have a real opinion to post, so i left them out – I am sure you guys all ready are swimming in E3 info anyway, just figured i would post my 2 cents, and get some fresh content on the neglected 3fs blog
PS friendcast #6 recorded, i just have to edit and put it online – so, look for it soon!No comments
What: Ticket to Ride
How Much: 800MP ($10)
This came out of nowhere, I used to play Ticket to Ride with some family friends all the time on the original board game – so it is pretty awesome to see a board game of my past make its way onto the xbox live arcade. The downfall to board games is the annoyance of setting up the game, and trying to get friends in you hours to play – both of which are fixed when you put it on the live marketplace. Give the demo a try if you enjoy some of the other social games on the marketplace (like Catan, or Carcassonne) give it a chance. I definately am going to give the demo a spin before I leave on vacation this weekend.
For all you achievement hunters out there – want a peak? My buddy DaKing has your back , check out the list of 15 achievements for 250 pointsNo comments
As everyone (or at least most of you) knows, I went up to Boston the weekend of the 14th, and we were delaying the show for this week. Unfortunately we had a few technical difficulties when we started to record, and they continued without us knowing. What difficulties you might ask? Well at first our mics had a bit too much static in the background and we got it cleared up a bit and were going to just go with it. Then Ant was running a little late (which is no big deal because I am late almost every week) and when he joined even though the software said it was still recording the call that was not the case. Of course we didn’t that out until after an hour of recording, and after we were all ready for bed.
So as of right now we don’t have a show for this week, if we can get together and push a quick one out later this week we will, otherwise the next show should be released July 14th. Another reason I wanted to get the show out this week is I am taking the family on vacation this friday and we won’t be back until after July 7th, which gives the show another 2 weeks off.
Keep an eye out for a quick show this week (if we can make it happen) otherwise expect one July 14th.
We just hit a rash of schedule conflicts and technical difficulties to boot, we haven’t forgot about you – and hopefully you wont forget about us!
This one totally slipped by me, I knew it was coming but with my recent travel I completely forgot it was this soon. I really loved the TV show, and all the press thus far made the game look pretty interesting so I am definitely looking forward to giving the game a spin soon! So what will you do, create your own crab boat, or just use one based on the boats on the show? I am uploading some recent screen shots as well, but while you wait for them,
click through to read the full official press release to get more details on the game!1 comment
As we stated on last week’s show – as long as you listened you should know we were either going to delay the show or just take the week off. Since our normal recording day is only a few days from now (thursday usually) we are just going to keep it scheduled for that day and release episode 6 next monday
…So NO show for today, but you can go back to hearing our antics and thoughs about gaming next week. On a side note hopefully I dont jynx it by saying this but… ITUNES IS WORKING WITH THE SHOW AGAIN!
If you are bored and need to get a little input on what we were up to (at least what i was up to) you can head over and read about my run in with the Gay Pride Parade, Burning Subway trains, rock band so loud i really think we should have been arrested, awesome grilling, and random adventures in Boston this weekend over on my blog1 comment